Friday, May 21, 2010

Tonight, tonight

You know you were born in the 80’s when your own blog post title  makes you start singing a New Kids on the Block song. Does that every happen to you? Somebody says a phrase and you just want to bust out in song? Like, whenever I hear someone say “free ballin’”, I get Free Fallin’ in my head. Oddly enough that happens more often than you would think.

But back to Tonight. Tonight is important to me. Tonight is something I planned months ago. Tonight has been giving me butterflies of excitement all day. Tonight is the lifeline that has gotten me through this hellavuh week. Tonight is…. A baseball game. But not just ANY baseball game. It’s a Cardinals game, which equals too much draft beer which equals a lot of laughing which equals more draft beer (and maybe some Malibu we’ll sneak in) which equals going out after the game which equals dancing like a fool. The greatest part of all that? Besides getting a chance to watch a game without Nut yelling, “No morh Birds! Watz Chuck (Shrek)!”, it’s also a Girls’ Night! Stop the presses. Did you read that? A GIRLS’ NIGHT. Girls. No men. No husbands making me drink water because I was nominated to be the DD so they could drink. No kids to chase around the entire stadium (that happened). No one putting nachos down when I stand up to help Nut and then “forgetting” they were there until I’ve sat down on them (that happened too). I get to be Nic tonight. Not Mommy, not wifey, just Nic. It doesn’t happen very often (seriously, me going out of town like this is comparable to  El Nino ~ quasi-periodic.  If I’m lucky) and I’m going to enjoy the 12 hours or so when it does.

Can ya tell I’m just a wee bit pee your pants excited? I’m sure tomorrow morning when I wake up with that draft beer headache (and missing my kids like crazy), it won’t be so cool, but for Tonight, I’m just going with it. Watch out, St. Louis!!

 

PS: I’m also probably more excited than rational about the fact that Andy Cohen – the guy who hosts all the Real Housewives reunions and Watch What Happens Live on Bravo – is throwing out the first pitch. I’m pretty much obsessed with those shows. But not in a creepy way. Just in an omg-if-you-turn-off-the-DVR-while-RHONY/NJ-is-recording-I-will-castrate-you kinda way.

5 comments:

  1. You deserve it girl! I hope you have a blast and that you have a hilarious pic or two to share with us next week! Enjoy yoself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't wait to have my first girls night out! I planned one and actually forgot that the weekend we planned it for was Mother's Day! So, we had to reschedule, which hasn't happened yet.

    So yeah, go out and enjoy it. I left you a little somethin', somethin' on my blog too!

    journeyofamrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear about your night out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I left you an award over at my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog on D-Listed mom blogs and love your blog. You tell it like it is in a funny way in your posts and I love it. I too am like that. I saw that you had a fun night out, aren't mommy nights out GREAT! I am also a Real Housewives of all the cities fan and can't get enough. Anyway, I'm now your newest follower to your blog and on Twitter. Look forward to reading more posts.

    When you get a chance pop in at my blog at http://www.wordyowl.blogspot.com/ or on Twitter at http://twitter.com/WordyOwl
    Thanks,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete