Monday, May 10, 2010

A letter to my firstborn

I'm late on doing this, but yesterday was a busy busy day and besides - better late than never, right? In honor of Mother's Day and the final day of Mother's Day Mania over at My Little Life (link is in the post below this; Blogger is being wonky and not liking my links today).


A Letter to My Firstborn.




Dear Reagan,



It has been 2 years, 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days since you made me a mommy. And what a ride those 2 years have been. From the moment I first saw you, I loved you, and I didn't think it was possible, but I love you even more each day. You are my pride and joy, my mini-me, my girl. I love that you look so much like me (except for that red hair!) and that we have so much fun doing girlie things together, like shopping. I promise not to spoil you too much, but it's hard when you ask so sweetly for a "surprise" when we are out. I love your fiery personality. Even on the days where your stubborness tries my patience, I love that you stand your ground. I hope that you take that with you as you grow older and never let others lead you down a path you don't want to go. I love how hilarious you are, how you live to get a laugh out of me. I love how sweet you are, how you wipe my tears away if you see me crying over a book or movie (Mommy is a pretty big sap), and how you are quick to offer to kiss a boo-boo if Daddy or I so much as stub a toe. I hope you keep your creativity and love for anything artistic. I dream big dreams for you, little one. You are a very smart girl and while I don't want you to grow up too fast, I can't wait to see what you become. Know that Mommy will always be here for you, that I will always lend an ear, a hug, a dollar, advice, whatever you need. We will probably not always see eye to eye, but I will never turn my back on you. You make me proud to be your mother every day and I'm so happy God chose ME to raise you. I love you, forever and ever and ever, Nut.



Love,

Mommy







Now go check out some other letters. You'll laugh, you'll cry (I did. I told ya I was a sap), you'll get all warm and fuzzy on the inside.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful letter! Glad you had a good Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you just made me cry!!! I need to catch up on Abby's journal on our blog!! How our little ones have captured our hearts :)

    ReplyDelete