Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just a quick update...

Still pregnant. Boob no longer leaking. One outta two ain't bad.


I had to share this story I found amusing before I forget it (mom mush; it happens): A few weeks ago I bought myself a new loofah for the shower. R was with me when I got it of course and was obsessed with playing with it in the shopping cart. When I gave her a bath that night, she pointed up to it in our shower caddy band and told me "I want that". I was tired and not in the mood to argue (because really, arguing with a 17 month old is pointless) so I gave in, put her body wash on it and let her have at it. It became her loofah after that. I had to use my old one which I thankfully had not yet pitched. We went to Wal-Mart on Friday and I found a toddler-sized one in the baby section. I made a big deal out letting R choose which color she wanted and she sat clutching it in the cart, happy as a clam. When I got it out that evening during bathtime, she eyed it somewhat suspiciously. I lathered it up with soap and handed it to her. That child looked down at it, looked at me like I was nuts, tossed it over her shoulder, and then pointed up at MY loofah and told me, "I want that!". I tried a few more times - unsuccessfully mind you - before finally just giving her mine. My old one was grimy so I chucked it and now the tot is using one as big as her head while I have one the size of the palm of my hand. Toddler 1, Mommy 0.


Better run. I have to go to the ob in an hour and I'm still in my pajamas. I even made a personal goal last night to have pants on by noon today too. Fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment