Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just kidding, Mom!

Yesterday evening the ol' Braxton Hicks started in and were pretty constant throughout the night. About 10:45ish, I was relaxing in the tub and I started to have some cramping along with the tight belly feeling. It happened a few more times and each time was a little more intense, with the pain spreading around to my back. Not wanting to excite DH for no reason, I didn't mention anything and just waited to see what would happen. The contractions kept getting stronger, more consistent, and longer. I attempted to go to sleep, but they kept me awake. By 12:30, I was up walking the house, and they were 6-8 minutes apart and lasting 30-45 seconds each. I really thought I would wind up going to L&D at some point in the night. But then, just as randomly as they'd started, they stopped. I kept laying there staring at the clock, thinking Seriously?! It's been 6 minutes. 7. 8 minutes now. 9. 10. and then it was 25 and I'd had no more. I fell asleep around 1:45 and while I did get woken up at 2:30 with a pretty strong one, that was the end of my contractions. So much for being in labor. While I expect some false alarms (joys of pregnancy, whoooo), I just wish it wouldn't have occurred while I was trying to sleep! So yeah. I'm still pregnant. I just hope I don't have false labor for the next three weeks. Tomorrow I have my 37 week checkup and I FINALLY get my internal check. Here's hoping for a few centimeters!

No comments:

Post a Comment