Monday, August 17, 2009

No rest for the weary

First off, in case you hadn't guessed, I'm still with child. 13 days 'til my due date though. He has to come out at some point right?? *sigh*


Yesterday morning , after almost 18 months of being a parent, my husband uttered the beautiful words I have been begging to hear every morning when R starts babbling for a year and a half: "You stay in bed, I'll get up with her." I swear I almost wept tears of joy. I happily rolled back over (as well as I can roll anyways) and snuggled down into my mountain of pillows. I could hear DH talking to R, telling her to go into the kitchen while he got her some breakfast. I hear her giggle. I hear her little footsteps go running out of her room, into the hallway... and then into our bedroom. I kept my eyes shut, hoping she would turn around and leave, but no such luck. Instead she came up to me, nose to nose, and says "what you doin?!?" I started laughing because it's her newest thing to do and she says it with this funny little high pitched tone, which I know she picked up from me doing the excited Mommy voice to her. You moms know what I'm talking about. DH came in and told her Mommy was sleeping and to leave me alone, but she would have none of it. She kept coming and pulling on my hand. I'd tell her I was coming, she'd run out of the room, and then promptly come right back to see if I really was coming. Eventually I had to. So no sleeping in yet again. But I guess it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment