Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm officially full term!

I hit the 37 week mark yesterday, which means I'm officially considered full-term. *throws confetti* Whoooooo! I have been telling Baby R he can exit the womb at any time now, but so far it's not working. I think I may be going soon and not just because duh, I'm due in 3 weeks either. I could just be looking for signs and convincing myself that everything is lining up, but still. I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions pretty regularly since Friday and have had some real contractions too. Friday night and last night I got woken up from some pretty intense ones. Of course nothing consistent but some contractions are better than none, right? I also think I started losing my plug yesterday. With R, it didn't come out in one glob (that sounds so gross, sorry all you non-pregnant people), but in bits and I saw some yesterday afternoon during one of my 500 bathroom trips. My stomach was upset last night and today I just feel... blah. Pleasepleaseplease Powers that Be, make this mean my little man is coming soon!


On the R front, my little shit has absolutely no idea how her life is about to change. She will be 18 months old here in about 2 weeks. I can't believe my little baby is already so old. She's doing so much and I can already tell we are going to have our hands full. Stubborn as a freaking mule and she's a stereotypical redhead - feisty as all hell. I am interested - and okay, slightly scared - to see how she reacts to having a little brother. God help us.
She got her first haircut the other night. It was only a bang trim, but still the first time scissors have touched that pretty head of hair. I don't know how I feel about them; I'm not a bang person to begin with. If they don't get swooped to the side, she looks like a long-lost member of The Beatles. Luckily she has her daddy's amazing ability to quick-grow hair so they should be hanging in her eyes again in no time. Hopefully by then, she will have gotten over her obsession of pulling out her ponytail holders and I'll be able to keep it pulled back without the bangs.

Well. This was kind of boring. But thus is my life. Keep your fingers crossed that Baby R will be gracing us with his presence here in a few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment