Friday, June 11, 2010

5 Q Friday

It’s been a while since I’ve played along with Mama M on her 5 Question Friday posts. Usually I don’t get on until late at night and by then I’m too spent to think. This morning everyone is still sleeping so here we goooo….

 

 

1. What do you think makes a good friend, or friendship?

Merriam-Webster defines friend as “one attached to another by affection or esteem; a favored companion”. I guess that’s true, but it’s also so much MORE than that. A good friend is someone who is there for you when you need it, who’ll lend an ear without judging, knows that sometimes offering up a hug is better than spouting off advice, someone you can tell anything to. Friendships should not be forced or one-sided. This is one I’m struggling with right now. I feel like a lot of my friends have drifted away from me. I realize that I am a stay at home mom, that I’m not always able to go out and do things, that I can’t always drop everything and talk on the phone. But it’d be nice if I was given the benefit of the doubt or the courtesy of an invite. It’d be nice if plans weren’t made with me and then bailed upon. It’d be nice if the line didn’t go mute as soon as I started talking about what was going on with me, if what I was saying wasn’t met with the Uh-huh’s and Oh yeah’s and Mmm, really’s that let me know the person on the other end really isn’t listening, even though I just sat for 25 minutes and listened to their boy drama and work issues. Maybe a line has been drawn in the sand because I’m a mom and they’re not. Or maybe we just weren’t as good of friends as I once thought.

2. What is the last thing you bought & later regretted?

Pizza. I’m on a diet; why the HELL did I buy pizza?!?!?

3. Have you ever had a prank played on you?

I’m sure I have, I just don’t remember it. Lame, huh? Usually I’m the one playing pranks. I guess I’m a good bullshitter because people tend to believe me when I tell them stupid crap.

4. What is your favorite theme park?

DISNEY WORLD!!!! Man, I love that place. It always bums me out that I live so far away. Or at least far away in driving-with-kids-in-the-car terms. 2 days. Blah. When I was in Florida for my sis-in-law’s wedding last spring, the in-laws and I stopped for one day/night in Orlando to take Nut to the Magic Kingdom. She LOVED it. She was only 14 months old and in no way remembers it, but seeing the look on her face while we were there was great. I am planning to take both the kids sometime in 2012. Cannot wait!

5. Have you ever seen someone else give birth?

Do those Miracle of Birth videos we had to watch in health class (in an effort to dissuade us from having sex) count? If not, then no. And I don’t want to. I didn’t even want to see MYSELF give birth, hence the “No Flip-Down Mirror” rule I instituted in the delivery room.

 

Alrighty, that’s my 5 q’s. If you want to join in, head on over to My Little Life and do the same! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I totally identify with your #1. Don't give up on your girlfriends...they can't relate to you now, but once they become moms they will, and they'll look to you for advice. It's hard to be the 1st one to dive in to motherhood, but they'll catch up. Of course, I also believes sometimes friendships run their course, so you have to know when to say when....that's something I'm still working on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you come to Orlando! We can meet up and our girls can beat up the boys while they bite each other! LOL

    ReplyDelete