Or at least Carol over at Knee Deep in Mommahood does. And since she’s pretty much awesome, we’ll just pretend every one shares her opinion and likes me too, okay? She bestowed a few awards on me over a week ago but since
my head has been up my arse I’ve been running around like a chicken with my head lopped off lately, I didn’t see her post until I started to catch up on my blog reading today. And ps: still not done with the catching up. When I logged onto Google Reader, there were 533 new updates. Hi, laundry? Not happening today. But I digress. Moving on to my awards – because this post is all about me tonight, thankyouverymuch -the first is…. drumroll, please…
That’s right, this blog has substance. So for the man I married that tells me I’m wasting my time, stick that in your pipe and smoke it, pal. Substance. Ha. Wait… where was I? Oh yes, the award. There are rules to follow, that are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who awarded it to you.
- Sum up your blogging philosophy, motivation, and experience using five (5) words
- Pass it on to other blogs you feel have substance.
So here we go… to Carol, THANK YOU for the awards! Not just this one, but for every one you’ve ever been kind enough to grace me with. It makes me feel all warm n’ fuzzy inside that you thought of me. And while I am known for being a sarcastic a-hole, I really do mean that (did that last statement cheapen my gratitude? Hmmm, hope not). Your blog is one of the first I read when I log on and you crack me up every day. Keep it up, mama!
My motivation in five words?
I blog to preserve sanity.
And that’s no lie.
My next fabu award is the…..
It calls for ten things that are awesome about me. I’m going to go Carol’s route though and make it ten things that are random about me instead because right now I can’t think of
only ten things about me that qualify as awesome. So here we go, in no particular order:
1) I am 27 1/2 years old and still cut the crust off my bread when I make a sandwich.
2) I am a human jukebox. It only takes me a few times to learn all the words to songs/jingles/commercials and I feel the need to sing along when I hear them.
3) I cannot sing. Think American Idol reject, cats howling. If I had a bunch of wishes that were being granted, I’d wish for a good voice. Not so I could be a singer, just so that I wouldn’t suck so hard at karaoke.
4) The three people I talk most regularly to do not live near me.
5) According to Verizon, I babbled for 4,862 minutes and sent/received over 3,400 text messages last month. I know, I know, it’s a miracle I’m a functioning member of society. Three cheers for mobile-to-mobile.
6) I have always dreamed of being a writer. It’s on my bucket list.
7) My New Year’s resolutions for 2010 were to finish my book and lose 50 lbs. I’m doing better on the weight loss (27 down!) than I am the book.
8) I regret not finishing college. That’s on my bucket list too, even if I’m 85 years old accepting my degree.
9) I take pictures all. the. time. Like almost to the point of being annoying. However, since the invention of the digital camera, I rarely print any out. I fear when my children ask to see photos of their childhood, I will have to ask them to gather around a computer.
10) This one really isn’t about me, but it definitely qualifies as random. Nut is named after Ronald Reagan. Honestly. When DH and I were discussing names, he was insistent that if the baby were a boy, he be named Ronald Reagan. I vetoed that one (veto. hah.) and said I liked Reagan for a girl but that was as far as I would budge. He held me to it when our gender ultrasound revealed we were having a daughter.
So there you have it. I’m sure your day is complete now that you know I don’t like crust on my bread. I am going to pass these awards on to a new blog I just recently started reading, Crazy Ramblings of a Tired Mom, that seriously cracks my shit up. I love her lack of a filter, most likely because I share the same affliction. Go check her out!