Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Too bad, so sad, buh-bye nads

Just got back from the ped's office with Baby R. Yes, again. I noticed over the weekend that his big toe was red and looked as though it was maybe infected. Sure enough, it is. My newborn has ingrown toenails. On both big toes. Seriously. He's on an antibiotic for 10 days to clear that up and I'm also supposed to put his feet in warm water and push his nails back right after. So now I'm not only doing poo removal duty 4 times a day, I also have to soak his piggies 2-4 times a day. I feel so bad for the little guy. He's going to grow into the scrawny asthmatic kid with glasses, braces, and a rescue inhaler. I swear if I could find the time to go crazy, I'd pencil it in.


It is for this reason that I am very glad I took the initiative yesterday to call and schedule DH a consult with a urologist for a vasectomy. He kept telling me he was going to do it, but time's a-ticking and I haven't seen any inclination from him that he was actually go to do so so I took matters into my own hands. I think he was just being a big chicken. I sent him the news via text message after getting off the phone with the doctor's office. He goes in a few weeks for the consult and then will probably get the procedure done in November or December. I guess it'll either be something to be grateful for on Thanksgiving or a great Christmas gift. Either way, snippity snip snip!

No comments:

Post a Comment