Thursday, September 10, 2009

Well I think I am coming to terms with the whole family-of-four thing finally. Starting to get into a groove and a routine. Or at least as much of a routine as is possible with a newborn. I can't believe Baby R is already 2 and a half weeks old! Time flies when you don't sleep I guess. R has really taken to her big sister role, although it's mostly to shush everyone when they walk in the room, regardless of whether baby is sleeping or not, and to try to shove a pacifier in his mouth, regardless of whether he wants it. When he cries she'll attempt to stuff his bottle into his mouth too, although I'm not sure if it's because she is trying to help him or make him shut up. Sometimes she gets it in there and other times he winds up with milk on his forehead or up his nose, but it's the thought that counts.


I'm happy to report there has been no more poop where it shouldn't be (i.e safely in diapers), but I did step in cat puke this morning and the little girl I babysit peed on my living room carpet (occupational hazard. haha) so I guess I just can't win.


Right now everyone is napping. Except me of course. I know if I shut my eyes, I wouldn't want to wake up for days. My only major complaint with Baby R is the fact that he will only sleep if he he is held or snuggled. I have been "sleeping" (if you can even call it that) on the couch, sitting up with him in my arms. Thank God for the Boppy or I'd lose feeling in my arms and probably never regain it. My back is killing me, but at least I am getting something that resembles snoozing every few hours. I am keeping my fingers (and toes and anything else that crosses) crossed that he gets into a better sleep pattern soon and will sleep in his bassinet for longer than 20 minutes with screaming like a stuck pig.

I hear R stirring from her nap so I better go. My brief reprieve from Noggin is over. Time for some more Dora the Explorer.

No comments:

Post a Comment