Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Extra! Extra!

You know you're a mom when you feel like standing on the rooftops and yelling out your kids' activities like it's a major newstory:




I'm sure our new neighbors wouldn't appreciate that though. They probably still wonder if we're WT because we haven't fully unpacked the garage so we can park in it yet. Imagine if I was up on the roof hollerin' like a loonie about bodily functions. Plus it's probably only really exciting news to me.

R and the potty - that was completely unexpected. She likes her potty, LOVES it in fact, but she thinks it's fun just to strip down and sit on it without actually using it. I turn the water on, use the big toilet at the same time, put her baby doll on it, but to no avail. She wants to bring it downstairs and eat pancakes on it (yeah, that happened. twice.) instead. Yesterday she stripped off her dress up clothes, took off her diaper, and started darting around the house. I told her to come upstairs so we could put a new diapy on, but thought oh what the heck and asked her if she wanted to sit on her potty. She got all excited and sat down on it.... and used it. I acted like a crazy lady, jumping up and down, high fiving her, telling her how I proud I was of her. She just looked at me like I was an idiot and went to her bedroom. Oh potty training is going to be so fun with that one....

On to Bug's update. He has been going through his powdered gold formula at an alarmingly fast rate. I called the GI Monday morning because the little vulture had gone through 24 oz of formula between 9pm Sunday night and 8am Monday - that was a loooooooong night. It wound up being almost 50 oz in a 24 hour period. I'm suprised he didn't poop out a receipt. But I digress. The nurse called me back later that afternoon and said that Dr. A gave the thumbs up for infant oatmeal. THANK GOD. They told me to try him on no more than 2 tsp per day this week to see how he handles it. I can barely believe it as I write this, but he actually handled it well. He had some for breakfast the last two days and dinner last night and has not been screaming, gassy, or extra fussy. He has poo'ed twice without any incident. He is currently in the midst of a 2.5 hour nap where he hasn't woken up to eat. He only got up twice last night. Dare I say that he is going to make the move to solids without any issues? Knock on wood, cross your fingers and toes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment