Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Don't: Eat That, Touch That, Poop in the Tub

Last night I tried to be clever and resourceful and give both kids a bath at the same time. I filled up the tub, Nut climbed in, helped me fill up her brother's little tub and I put him in. I was feeling SO proud of myself for thinking of that great idea. They both got to play and I was going to be able to cut bath time in half, right? Wrong. 30 seconds after putting Bug down, he pooped. Isn't that how it always goes? Litte bits of poo were floating in his tub, Nut is trying to splash him and I'm yelling, "No! Don't touch that! Get your hands out of your mouth!! Your brother pooped! Yucky!" and she's laughing. When she finally saw what I was talking about, she was not a happy camper: "No NO Reee! No poo poo!" and out she hopped. And then proceeded to slip and fall. She's howling, the baby's howling; all hell broke loose. I had to clean him off, drain both tubs, get out the Clorox, scrub down the toys, refill the tubs and start all over again. For his final trick, Bug decided to pee on me when I picked him up to put him back in the water. It was a great night. My dreams of being Super Mom went down the drain. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment