Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Randomosity

Is that a word? I don't think so, but it is now. I'm adding it to the Nictionary. But oh wait - I just Googled it and it is in fact, a word. At least according to allwords.com:

randomosity
noun

The state of being random


Funny that in posting the definition of randomosity, I am exhibiting such an act. Hmmmm...

Keeping in line with the randomness, here's what's been going on in my neck of the woods:

Bug is halfway through Carrot Week and so far so good. That brings him up to a total of five different foods: Oatmeal, Squash, Prunes, Applesauce, and Carrots. Variety is not the spice of his life obviously. Yet.

The kids both had pictures taken this week. Monday evening Bug went for his 6 month pics; yesterday morning it was Nut's turn for her 2 year. After the last two picture fiascos, I decided there was no way in hell I was taking them together. I am SO happy to report that it went well and they turned out really cute! We use Target's Portrait Studio so of course I had to treat myself to a coffee at the in-store Starbucks before going. Something happened Monday evening there that made me question America's youth. I ordered a decaf skinny vanilla latte. Less than two minutes later the "barista" (I use that term loosely, you'll see why in a moment) hands me a cup that looks suspiciously like milk poured over ice. When I questioned where the coffee was, she looks at me blankly and replies, "But I thought you wanted decaf." sigh. I paused for a moment, because she HAD to be kidding, right?? Wrong. I told her yes, I did want decaf - decaf COFFEE. Why would I pay $4 for vanilla milk?The poor girl looked so damn confused. She consulted a recipe book, but still had to call for someone to come help. By that point, I had very little faith in the outcome of my drink - and rightfully so. It was burnt. I was late for Bug's appointment by then so I just said screw it and left. But seriously. Wow.

I had more to write, but I typed a looooong post earlier and Nut pressed some button and poof! it all went. Now everyone is waking up from naps so diaper duty is calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment